Mr. Sami Gheriafi was the speaker for the month of September 2018 and he talked about the “Role of Soft Skills in Academic Consulting Projects” and shared his hands on experience of addressing and solving challenging problems/situations mainly conflict resolutions by leveraging effectively the needful soft skills required. The session was held on Thursday, September 27th, 2018 at 6:30 PM in The Key ApartHotel Palais de Justice District, Corniche du Fleuve, Beirut, Lebanon.
Talking Points & Agenda:
- Overview of Universities engagement with the external world beyond pure academia and research
- Overview on AUB’s Engagement in Consulting Projects Regionally
- Situational Analyses of university dynamics and faculty engagement
- What key soft skills do we really need when we manage projects?
- How do soft skills facilitate project execution with difficult clients?
- Understand how academia dynamics differ than consulting.
- Know the key soft skills project managers need to cultivate when leading consulting projects.
- Get insights on the effectiveness of those soft skills when managing difficult clients.