- Power generation industry
- Power scheduling, routing and balancing
- Power trading
- Challenges of project management for the power industry
- How the energy is produced
- How the energy is delivered to the end customer
- How the pricing is made
- How the risk management is calculated
- Project implementation for the power industry
Lecturer’s Brief Biography:
- Elie is currently a Senior Project Manager at Byblos Bank since 2012, handling a portfolio of several projects focusing on electronic banking.
- Prior to this, he worked with Murex S.A (software editor of an electronic trading and risk management platform) for 7 years as a Project Manager. His Murex implementations were mainly in the commodities for energy, gas and emission trading, and also derivatives for equity and interest rate hybrid products.
- He was a Project Manager for SOPRA Group (European consulting firm) for 2 years, where he was responsible for development projects at BNPPARIBAS Asset Management.
- He also worked for Valoris (European consulting firm) for 3 years as technical architect and senior developer. He took part in various projects of IT development for major European institutions in Asset Management, e-Banking, Telecommunication, Music Industry and Retail Business.
He managed several projects for different international clients like: Daiwa SMBC (Japan), ABN Amro (Netherlands), Energie Ouest Suisse (Switzerland), Aare Tessin ag fur Electrizitat (Switzerland), Alpiq (Switzerland), Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (Abu Dhabi), BNP Paribas (France), LCFE Rothschild (France), France Telecom (France), Wanadoo (France), Auchan (France), BMG (France), Audi Bank (Lebanon), Volksbank (Austria).
Lecture Duration: 60 mins