- This event has passed.
Volunteering in Project Management: A Journey of Service & Self-Discovery by Mr. Afif Tabsh
August 30, 2017 @ 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Volunteering in Project Management: A Journey of Service & Self-Discovery
The PMI Lebanon Chapter is glad to announce that Afif Tabsh is the speaker for the month talk of August 2017 and he will be speaking about Volunteering in Project Management: A Journey of Service & Self-Discovery.
This month exceptionally the session will be held on Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 at 6:30PM at Holiday Inn Dunes, Verdun, Beirut.
Registration and refreshments are ready as of 6:00PM.
Talking points agenda:
- Defining Volunteerism
- Identify Different Avenues of Volunteerism
- Personal story about the speaker’s journey in volunteerism
- Showcase Benefits of Volunteerism to:
- Give back and serve the community
- Network and meet like-minded people
- Learn new skills and knowledge
- Better understand one’s self
- Volunteerism in Project Management Community
Through this session you will have a deeper understanding of the means and benefits of volunteering internally within your organization as a PM and within the project management community at large which will inspire you with a renewed motivation to volunteer for various causes Like PMI and other NGOs
Afif Tabsh works as the Business Development & Projects Manager at AUB’s Regional External Program (AUB-REP), the consulting arm of the university. He previously worked in a managerial position at PwC ‘s Consulting unit in Saudi and as the Operations Manager at CMCS, a regional project management consultancy and training firm. He has been an instructor of Project Management and Business Analysis at AUB’s Continuing Education Center. Moreover, for the past 9 years he has been a Consultant and Trainer on Project Management, Soft Skills, Leadership Skills, Strategic Planning, Civic Engagement, Volunteering and NGO Management. Afif holds a Masters in Human Resources Management from AUB and is PMP, CBAP, PBA, GPM-b certified. He is also a member in PMI – USA, IIBA – Canada and World Economic Forum – Geneva
Afif is passionate about developing and serving the community which is reflected in the volunteer roles he had over the years as:
- General Coordinator of Wahdatouna Khalasouna – Coalition of 30+ NGOs for Civil Peace
- Founding Member & Chair of Service Projects Committee at Rotary Club of Beirut Hills
- Co-Founder and Advisor at Aie Serve
- Curator at Global Shapers Beirut Hub (initiative by World Economic Forum)
- Vice President at Project Management Institute (PMI) Lebanon Chapter
- Co-Founder & President at Alumni UNESCO Club
- Council Member at Worldwide Alumni Association of AUB (WAAAUB)
- Mentor & Advisor for numerous youth led Social Enterprises and NGOs.
Lecture Duration: 60 minutes
PDUs: 1 Leadership PDU.
Free for PMI Lebanon Chapter Members, 25,000 L.L. for non chapter members.
Note: PMI Lebanon Chapter will report the PDU for you, so please fill in your PMI number in the registration form.