- This event has passed.
Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain: Revolution or Hoax by Dr. Andre Gholam
May 30 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
PMI Lebanon Chapter is glad to announce that Dr. Andre Gholam is the speaker for the month of May 2019 and he will be delivering an insightful session about ” Cryptocurrencies & Blockchain : Revolution or Hoax” which will be held on Thursday 30 May, 2019 at 6:00 pm at The Key ApartHotel Palais de Justice District, Corniche du Fleuve, Beirut, Lebanon.
Click HERE for the Monthly Talks Location
NOTE: Due to Ramadan, we will start our session 30 minutes earlier this month. Hence registrations will start from 5:30 PM. After the session we will have refreshments and snacks to break the fast.
Talking Points & Agenda:
• Introduction to and history of crypto-currencies.
• Bitcoin and ‘altcoins’ : usage, generation, differences.
• Transacting using crypto-currencies.
• Love stories between crypto-currencies and world
countries – legal status.
• Technology behind the crypto-currencies (blockchain).
• Blockchain based applications and case studies.
• ICO – Initial Coin Offering.
Get familiar with a technology that is estimated to be “Internet most promising new development” and “one of the most important technologies to emerge in recent years”:
A. Crypto-currencies :
• The definition, history and evolution of the thousands of
crypto-currencies in the market, with their pros and
• Getting, mining and trading using cryptocurrencies.
• The legal status of this new technology in Lebanon and
different countries of the world.
• The possible future of crypto-currencies.
B. Blockchain :
• The technology behind crypto-currencies : concepts,
history, security, pros and cons.
• Examples and case studies of Blockchain applications.
C. ICOs :
• A new way for raising capital for companies and start-
• History and ICO phases.
- Holder of a PhD, an engineering degree and several certifications in information systems, Andre is the managing director of Logica, an IT consulting, auditing and security firm.
- With more than 37 years in the field, Andre has a broad local, regional and international experience in the IT industry, mainly in the financial sector.
- Consultant to major leading banks, insurance companies, health and educational sectors, international organizations and public administrations.
- He has also an extensive teaching experience in local and international top-ranked universities and in charge of the Digital Banking and Financial Technology masters at USJ.
- Andre is also a renowned lecturer at many local and international seminars and conferences.
Note: Attendance is free for PMI Lebanon Chapter members and 25,000 LL for non chapter members.
PDUs: 1.25 Technical PDUs
PMI Lebanon Chapter will report the PDUs for you. It will take up to 2 weeks; please ensure filling your PMI membership member in the registration form.