Business Analysis; its needs and benefits to Organizations
The PMI Lebanon is glad to announce that Mr. Joseph Abboud is the speaker for the month of August and gave a lecture titled “Business Analysis; its needs and benefits to Organizations”
• What is Business Analysis
• What are requirements
• Transforming requirements
• Finalizing requirements
• Requirements communication
• Managing Requirements Assets
• Required skills for a Business Analyst
The core of value in any business centers around Return on Investment (ROI). ROI is the weight of the business value or benefits, calculated as increases in revenue or decreases in cost, over the cost of implementation.
When it comes to cost, most organizations focus on technology costs, and forego the other business-related costs, such as stakeholder involvement, in determining ROI.
The objective of this seminar is to spread awareness about Business Analysis profession, how essential the role of Business analyst (BA) to most organization or government entity, and demonstrate how a BA actively focuses on reducing costs which can be measured in following ways:
• Reduction in rework — if you help focus the team on the right requirements, then there should be reduced amount of unnecessary change. But many projects are plagued by change because requirements are not well understood. This kind of change is waste. BA can help.
• Reduction in requirements churn —Stakeholders’ time are valuable, but without someone in the business analyst role, stakeholders might spend excess time in unproductive discussions. BA can help drive an efficient decision-making processes, document discussions, reducing the amount of time spent rehashing previous discussions.
• Discovering more cost-effective solutions and Prioritize them – Prioritization ensures focus on value.
Mr. Joseph Maarouf Abboud is an experienced Project Manager with over 20 years of success in leading projects in Information Technology, and business management.
He has a Master degree in project management from University of Salford, Manchester, UK; PMP, PMI-ACP, and ITIL certifications in addition to a BS degree in Software engineering.
Mr. Abboud is a Business strategist, he has planned and managed multimillion-dollar projects aligning business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage and bottom-line gains.
He also managed projects for public and private sectors in USA, OMAN, Kuwait, and Lebanon, with key emphasis on Project Management, Business Analysis, Quality Management, and Risk Management